- Website: http://fishermensinnelburn.com/
- Street: 43W901 Main Street Road
- City: Elburn
- State: Illinois
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 60119
1964 to 1985 – The Tradition Begins
Fishermen’s Inn is nearly 50 years old and is rich with history. Known for being a dining, banquet and WEDDING DESTINATION for not only the south and west suburbs but also the entire Chicago region, Fishermen’s Inn became a tradition for many when celebrating life’s special events. Orville Mercer and his family started Fishermen’s Inn at 43W901 Main Street Road, Elburn, Illinois in 1964, in a renovated barn built in 1898. The Mercers lived in a house across the street.
In 1972, the Mercers sold Fishermen’s Inn to Ralph and Anne Schleifer, a local family from Kaneville, IL. The Schleifers later built a home in the woods behind Fisherman’s Inn. The couple broke ground in June 1985 for a new banquet facility seating 200 to complement Fishermen’s Inn’s barn restaurant.
577 total views, 1 today
Is This Your Company?
Popular Ads Overall
- Chicago Park District (24724 views)
- Gene Ambo Photography (982 views)
- Charles and Company Band (974 views)
- Zap Props (875 views)
- Danielle Dettore (828 views)
- Illinois Film Office (795 views)
- Motion Source Studio (783 views)
- Bark (768 views)
- Magnanimous Media – Studio One (752 views)
- Judith West (728 views)